Lux/Lodge is the set of my naughtiest fantasies and most lavish dreams at once. A stunning 1963 A-frame tucked away in the Hollywood Hills, it is out of another world. Home of fashion designer Desanka Fasiska as well as a space for creation, play, and workshops, it is a drool-worthy haven. Considering the fact that Desanka works from home (I mean, who wouldn’t with this sort of house?!), I had to sit down and ask her how she manages working from home. She broke it down for me in five simple bits of advice. Check it out!
1. I’m a big early-bird catches the worm, carpe diem type. I believe that even if you work from home you should get up early and almost treat it like you would a 9 to 5. Of course one of the perks of working from home is you get to make your own schedule so whether you are an early riser or you like to burn the midnight oil, if you want to make working from home work for you, you need to keep yourself on a schedule.
2. Working from home can get a little lonely sometimes so my morning coffee routine definitely involves a walk or drive to the nearest coffee shop. My current favorite is Commissary where he coffee is perfect and the men are HOT. If you are feeling particularly cute, break up the monotony and work from the coffee shop all day. I find this to be a bit distracting at Commissary though 😉
3. The biggest perk of working from home is you can defiantly schedule in your exercise (and meditation if that’s your thing). I find that sometimes its hard to break-away from the task at hand. But ultimately it’s always worth it and many times helps the creative process.
4. Have friends who also work from home over for office hours or a creative powwow at least once a month. So many great projects have been put into work for me doing this.
5. If you can, sit in your yard and work. Get your Vitamin D on!
FABRIC TALK WITH ETHAN LIPSITZ OF APLIIQ Next Post:
A STYLISH OASIS IN THE ARTS DISTRICT: THE DAILY DOSE